Sometimes you can have a new start to something quite old. In my own life, I have recently completed a sort of small scale renovation of my home, a home I have lived in for 15 years and which has stood for over 130 years before that.  We switched rooms around, took down some walls and removed a lot of carpet. We refinished floors and rebuilt stairs. As I type this, the paint in my hallway is drying...

Anyway, the point is, Melancholy Kitties has occupied many skins in the 11 years it has existed and upon the completion of my beautiful new studio, I realized it was time to clean up my virtual home as well. My old website, which was masterfully built by Manning Krull, was a thing of beauty and delight that no longer serves me. What began as a little shop selling doll clothes has long been empty, my galleries woefully neglected and little else was still relevant. Loved, but outdated.

Fall is my favorite season. I believe there is no better time for change

With this new site, I hope to bring together all of the things I have been working on, all of the places I frequent, and all of the things I love. I invite you to look around, click some links and  let me know what you think. It has been fun revisiting so much of my past work. I am very excited to make new things.

Happy October!

xoxo,
Kat

Comments

02/12/2016 11:28pm

May I simply just say what a comfort to uncover someone who actually knows what they're talking about online. You definitely understand how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More and more people need to check this out and understand this side of the story. I was surprised you're not more popular given that you definitely possess the gift.

06/24/2016 3:16pm

In the nineteenth century, the accentuation was put on toys that had an instructive reason to them, for example, bewilders, books, cards and tabletop games. Religiously themed toys were likewise famous, including a model Noah's Ark with smaller than normal creatures and items from other Bible scenes. With developing thriving among the white collar class, youngsters had more relaxation time staring them in the face, which prompted the use of mechanical techniques to the production of toys.

01/03/2017 2:07am

I am so happy to hear about what you have done to your home. Here I am complaining that nothing seems to improve in the place I have slowly built myself which I have only occupied for less than four years. There's a lot to be done but it is nothing compared to what you have accomplished because I heard from experts it is easier to build than to renovate. So if you can improve your home, I think I have a bigger chance of improving mine, I am just lazy and I keep complaining instead of doing something.

08/14/2016 6:42pm

Well this is wonderful blog of hit refresh and very interesting as well. I really enjoy or like such type of posts because this is the good way of spending the time and I am really falling love in it.

08/18/2016 9:48am

Life is all about changing yourself from time to time and accepting the change. Like described in the blog, the renovation of a 130 years old house, it’s a long time. Moreover, the change in the websites, these are all the minor changes one has to adapt to move on with better.

10/22/2016 2:07pm

Its pretty nice feeling while remembering old memories .I often do the same thing by reading my diary in which i have written all of my memories.

Its quite pleasant feeling while recollecting old recollections .I frequently do a similar thing by perusing my journal in which i have composed the majority of my recollections.

11/25/2016 6:50am

Yeah, you are right. It's the best season for changes indeed.

12/01/2016 7:13am

Hi, i am Suhani right here with our excellent-mumbai call girl in mumbai offerings to surprise you thru very powerful call girl services.

Super website with a great sha and amazing stories is ur web.. please keep doing what u do now.. thanks to you.

Really appreciate you sharing this blog post.Really thank you! Keep writing.

Howdy! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from an established blog. Is it very difficult to set up your own blog? I’m not very technical but I can figure things out pretty quick.

02/22/2017 9:12am

Alarms very important in our daily life. you rember your work and every thing. set alarms your phone and laptop.