I have been so busy lately that I have not had time to finish any new customs in time for the holidays this year and I have been trying to get myself back on track so I had an idea, I'll open commissions! I haven't accepted Calavera commissions in years for a number of reasons, but I realized it would be fun to start out 2016 by dipping my toe back in to the pool and offering a chance for you to get or give a custom Calavera from me. It'll also be a great way for me to hit the year running!

Ok, so how's it work?

I have 3 spots in the shop right now. One for January, one for February and one for March. You purchase the spot and pay now, then when it is your month, you send me your face plate or head and I get to work! Pretty straightforward.

You are allowed to choose a color scheme for your Calavera and ask that elements be included, but the final design is my own and I will not recreate any previous work exactly. Once we settle on specifics, I will paint your Calavera and send you pictures for approval before the final coat of sealant. If I am painting a Blythe or Pullip face plate, I will additionally paint their eyelids. I will send you final pictures when all work is completed.

I will cover return shipping to you if you live in the US. International customers may have to pay for return shipping.

If this is a gift, I will happily mail or email you a printable gift certificate! I will additionally mail you a Melancholy Kitties postcard to provide a reminder of your spot.

If you  would like me to purchase a doll and create a full custom for you, that is possible!  Please contact me for specifics and prices. Additionally, if you are interested in additional work or another type of face up, feel free to ask!

Because shipping times vary and we all have real lives, I am hesitant to commit to a firm turnaround time, but once I have a doll in my hands, I assure you she will be on her way back to you within 4 weeks. If our emails shoot back and forth quickly and you have no revisions for me, probably quite a bit sooner! I promise I will keep you aware of my progress at all times.

Also, I hate asking, but please do not purchase a commission with the sole intention of reselling. I would love for these spots to go to fans of my work who may have been waiting for just this sort of opportunity. This is my way of popping a tiny hole in the inflation of custom doll prices, please respect that.

Comments

Titi Lisa Fortyz
12/17/2015 6:11am

I wish to be one of the one where I purchase it and be one of the month dolls lol

12/22/2016 4:47pm

I can imagine these dolls saying "I wanted to make you feel better. I hate being far from the only person that can make me smile from within." They may look scary to some, but for me they are really awesome. I am sure some cool kids will want them too. Thank you for sharing this picture.

01/09/2016 11:21am

I am a huge fan and have admired your work for a while. Just curious if you paint Blythe miniatures?

04/19/2016 5:42pm

I actually had one planned as part of a larger custom for a gallery, but she got scrapped at the last minute. I'd love to paint one some day though!

02/12/2016 11:52pm

May I just say what a comfort to find someone that actually knows what they are talking about on the net. You certainly understand how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people need to check this out and understand this side of your story. I was surprised you're not more popular since you definitely have the gift.

02/22/2016 11:17am

Creepy))

05/11/2016 9:39am

Hello there! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us valuable information to work on. You have done a extraordinary job!

05/22/2016 5:24am

These dolls are so creepy. Nice post.

06/11/2016 11:12am

This post is really informative and you have posted such precious and informative article which gave me lot of information. I hope that you will keep it up and we will have more informative and helping news from you. Thanks

Wow! I don't expect this)

07/09/2016 6:07am

Can you share with us all that specifics and prices?

08/05/2016 2:09pm

Amazement about the world and the sense to investigate this be a recurring theme in the composition of our toys offer.Every season we have nice toys Sale: Strong brands with great discounts. For example Nice priced Christmas and Sinterklaas Gifts! Tinker Bell is a cheerful toy store with the best of the sweetest So special toys that well designed and durable -. You will find almost nothing that runs on batteries. It's toys for every age, helping to train the motor skills and that challenges to use the imagination and explore the world.Visit tinkerbelltoys.nl to know more.

09/13/2016 1:02pm

Pretty scary dolls. I don't recommend to gift em to kids)

11/20/2016 2:09pm

You are lost. The phone? well it is happy where it is. It is amazing to see just how rude people are when it comes to cell phones.

12/09/2016 12:21am

you can gift someone free amazon gift cards and make them smile just learn how

12/22/2016 11:07pm

In a ltempat where it counts need to say which i say on the grounds that with this amazing site I really could be effective as it is today. You lura common.

01/29/2017 6:01am

This is a the time to make to the finals as this brings the joy and happiness to a life of a person through diamonds and coins

I feel very privileged to live in a beautiful part of England, the wonderful Derbyshire. The first sparks of new ideas are often lite on my daily dog walks, born out of the wonders I get to see. Whether it be Mrs Blackboard in a Rowen Tree with a beak full of worms, or the first Bumble Bee spot of the year busily collecting her pollen. You see nature is in my blood, in my bones and in my heart, it is my passion. It make fills me with wonder, inspiration and above all happiness.

03/07/2017 4:17am

I truly appreciate this post. I’ve been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You’ve made my day! Thank you again! - See more at: MrX4D

03/17/2017 9:07am

Everyday variety of perfume were created to meet everyone's need. Different brands with different scents that suit for all but created based on age and gender. A teenage girl wants the scent of fresh flowers, a 30 year older woman wants a chic and sexy scent, a mature woman wants classic and elegant scent and a younger man wants a cool and masculine scent and older man wants a sensual scent.