Sometimes when you're busy, it's hard to find time to check in. Sometimes, when you're not busy, you have nothing to relate. My social media presence tends towards either feast or famine, but we're here now so we won't dwell.

I have been busy! At the close of last year, I opened a few spots for Blythe Calavera commissions and much to my delight, they were quickly claimed by some wonderful customers. The first two took inspiration from their months, and turned into full customs.
Picture
Nieve, Blythe Calavera commission, 2016.
Picture
Amapola, Blythe Calavera commission, 2016.
It was nice to work on calavera commissions again, as it pushed me in directions I might not have gone otherwise and I got to try out a few new things. It's a lovely thing to dip a toe in now and again.

In between Blythes, I also worked on a few ball joint doll commissions. I had the pleasure of painting two Dollshe heads for an old friend I always love collaborating with. Familiar territory indeed, but no less exciting.
Picture
Dollshe Saint SA and OE heads, 2016.

I also painted an Aileen Doll Greenery and a Shy, both ridiculously sweet tiny things.
Picture
Aileen Doll Dragon Scales, 2016.
Picture
Aileen Doll Greenery, 2016.
I have another Blythe and ball joint doll currently on their way to me to paint and one little head on my table that is just about done. Beyond all of that, I've just finished building another big puppet for the Performing Art Center for Kids. (Which warrants it's own post, I think.)

Spring has arrived here and it has brought sunshine and inspiration. Once I get through my current list of commissions, I'm hoping to work on some totally new things. I also want to blog more, ha! I've had a few lovely emails asking me to share more about some of my projects and  I really want get in the habit of going behind the scenes, as it were. If you have any questions or requests feel free to leave a comment or drop me an email. I just realized I was missing blog comments entirely! So, I've got that sorted now. Progress already.

xo!
Kat

Comments

06/10/2016 1:33am

wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated.

07/16/2016 10:30am

These are nice and creative dolls. It would look good displayed in my apartment. I hope you post more artsy dolls like these. I am really interested in buying one. My friends would definitely be interested in having one as well.

01/26/2017 11:48pm

You have some great talent Kat Chat. I hope i can be a great artist in the future like you. The way you paint the dolls are so elegant and clean. hope i can see more of your creative dolls in the future. Have fun to be an artist!

06/14/2016 11:00am

"
Meccano was a model development framework that comprised of re-usable metal strips, plates, edge braces, wheels, axles and riggings, with stray pieces to interface the pieces and empowered the working of working models and mechanical gadgets. Dinky Toys spearheaded the assembling of kick the bucket cast toys with the generation of toy autos, prepares and ships and model train sets got to be well known in the 1920s. The Britain's organization upset the generation of toy warriors with the creation of the procedure of empty throwing in lead in 1893 - the organization's items remained the business standard for a long time. "

This is very nice dolls, they are quite scary but a good one to have. The colors are combined perfectly to end up to such an art like this. The costume are great because it really anchored the big face of the doll. The skulls are nice and it really gave me chills when seeing, but it's nice to display during Halloween season. The last two are very cute dolls they are really adorable, I love to have something like that in my room. You have a very lovely masterpiece, thanks for sharing.

These dolls are so beatiful! Is it possible to buy them? I like them so much.

Pretty creative and amiable work on dolls. These seems scary but its nice to have them too.The costume and color combination for dolls is perfect .

I have one and used to use it but i have neglected how. Does anyone have one and know how to use it. I know it has something to do with weaving the made of wool throughout the pegs and then tucking it under. Help!

12/24/2016 8:29am

I wish I have skills like that. I just never had the patience to deal with those little knick knacks and paint on those little lines. I have big respect to artists like you. I respect artists who post up their works on art exhibits. Someday, I want to collect art works, and that includes your field of art works.

12/29/2016 7:20am

Before the advent of photography, portrait paintings and sketches were the only way images of loved ones could be preserved for posterity.

01/21/2017 9:32am

This is the way to do it because this game includes diamonds and coins and VIP passes because this is the place to be.